Preparing for a sailing cruise is the theme of the new video-episode of SAILING SCHOOL, which highlights the necessary documents and steps to be carried out by the skipper and crew, before setting off on a vacation.
Preparing for the sailing cruise
Preparing for cruising by sailboat, requires preparing ship documents, checking the weather forecast, and preparing the cartography and safety equipment.
In this video episode we see a summary of all these roles that are often “invisible” to the crew preparing for a sailing vacation, but should be shared by the skipper with all guests.
- Consult all necessary navigational charts and the pilot book and on the plotter
- Based on the weather, know the support bases and consider a plan B in case of failure
- Checklist engine, fuel, battery charge level, and water and gas tank
- Check the galley and refrigerator
- Check the mast, cotter pins, wheelhouse is in working order
- Close all sea intakes that are under the waterline, and also tap valves
- Close all hatches and tambour.
- Have every load well stowed and rigged, and the lockers locked.
We are ready to go!
Twenty-third video episode of SAIL School.
Today’s video, as well as all previous episodes of SAIL School, are available on the SAIL Newspaper youtube channel there are both beginners and experts!