5 reasons why you can’t miss it
- ANY (SAILING) BOAT CAN PARTICIPATE (ZERO BUROCRATIC CASES) – The TAG Heuer VELA Cup is open to all types of boats, all sizes and shapes, no age restrictions, no red tape: no tonnage certificate required. From dinghies to cabin cruisers at the VELA Cup there is room for everyone, even vintage boats, which will have a dedicated leaderboard! Not only cruisers, but also internationally known yachts have enjoyed the VELA Cup over the years. Super-boats like My Song, 39 meters, or Nicola Paoleschi’s Maxi Pendragon, which took part in last year’s VELA Cup in Pisa just before setting the record at the 151-mile race.
- ONE SAILING, THOUSAND TYPES OF SA ILERS-Young, old, Sunday sailors and match racing professionals. There is room for all of you at the TAG Heuer VELA Cup. From infants as young as three months old (CLICK HERE) to centenarians (CLICK HERE) there is room for everyone in these regattas/sailings. This year there will be great sailors, such as Mauro Pelaschier, who has confirmed his presence at the regatta
- WIN A TAG HEUER WATCH AND A GARMIN INREACH (and lots of other prizes) – There will be a regatta bag for everyone, full of sailor gadgets: MedPlastic kit to become an eco-sailor, valuable VELA Cup T-Shirt, a copy of the Sailing Newspaper and more. And for the lucky ones? At the end of the sail, a fantastic TAG Heuer Aquaracer watch and a Garmin InReach will be raffled off among all regatta entrants.
- BREATHTAKING LOCATION – The location of the VELA Cup in Santa Margherita Ligure is the magnificent Gulf of Tigullio, and one buoy of the coastal course will be positioned right in front of the spectacular Portofino Lighthouse. The beginning of May is the best time, when the desire after winter to be outdoors is strongest. The course is easy for everyone: a triangle with start in front of Santa, first buoy in front of Portofino, second buoy off Sestri Levante, and finish in front of Santa harbor.
- DO YOU MISS THE BOAT OR THE CREW? – Racer, do you feel like participating, but lack the boat to race on? Owner, are you without half the crew? Fear not, for the VELA Cup you can count on My Match Race, the virtual platform where sailors who want to race meet. Here’s how it works. On the VELA Cup website, the function SEARCH/OFFER BOAT is already available (Click here)