Saturday, May 7 is the big day: at 11 a.m. the VELA Cup, the most crowded regatta in the Tyrrhenian Sea, starts. Registration (you can do it online HERE) is open until Friday, May 6-we in the meantime reveal the 10 reasons why you need to attend this great sailing festival.
TEN GOOD REASONS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SAILING CUP
1. Because the VELA Cup is open to all kinds of boats, all sizes and shapes, no age restrictions, no red tape: no tonnage certificate is required. Participating is super easy for everyone.
2. Because the VELA Cup is the most crowded regatta/sailing event in the Tyrrhenian Sea. Last year there were 148 boats at the start, ranging from 3 to 30 meters, and this year 200 boats are expected.
3. Because for the first time there will be a ranking dedicated to #plasticfantastic, that is, boats built between 1965 and 1995 made of fiberglass. But that’s not all: the DUFOUR Cup will also be held.
4. Because everyone can participate. The most relaxed on “white sails”-without spi and gennaker-with a reserved ranking, and the most fierce crews in the regatta. We will also have a ranking for charter boats.
5. Because after the regatta there will be a big party on the dock within the VELAFestival setting that you can’t miss. This will be followed by the unmissable Crazy Night Race.
6. Because all participants will be given a very rich Gift Bag full of gifts. We counted 12 from each bag.
7. Because if you don’t have a boat of your own, you can rent one locally together with your friends or find a boarding place on your own.
8. Because there is a “popular” registration fee and drifts participate for free. Registration is open until Friday, May 6, at the VELA Cup info point in Santa Margherita.
9. Because the setting of the VELACup is the magnificent Gulf of Tigullio, and a buoy of the coastal course will be positioned right in front of the spectacle of Portofino.
10. Because even the last one to arrive will receive a prize. More than fifty boats will be awarded this year.