We did not expect so many votes in the third phase of the Sailor of the Year! To be precise, 20,399. That, added to the other 20,000 from the previous two phases, confirms the great success of the online poll formula: you voted for your favorites in 40,000!
WHO WILL BE THE CHAMPIONS? COME FIND OUT AT THE VELAFESTIVAL
At this last stage, your vote was advisory in nature. The jury that will meet soon will also take into account your preferences in choosing the final candidates for the Sailor of the Year awards. Who will win in the various categories (TAG Heuer Sailor of the Year, TAG Heuer Passion, TAG Heuer Innovation, TAG Heuer Performance and TAG Heuer Young) you will only find out by coming to the Evening of Champions, scheduled for Friday, May 6 starting at 7 p.m. at the TAG Heuer VELAFestival in Santa Margherita Ligure!
Among the highest rated, turned out to be Roberto Tomasini Grinover, Ambrogio Beccaria Balduzzi, Edoardo Ferrardo and Francesco Orlando, Matteo Pilati and Francesco Rubagotti, Duccio Colombi, Gianin VI, Alessandro Cesarini and Diana Rogge, Low Noise II, Riccardo Sepe and Gaia Bergonzini, but you also didn’t forget the likes of sailors like Giancarlo Pedote or Vasco Vascotto, or sailors like Salvatore Mantaci.
HOW THE 2016 SAILOR OF THE YEAR VOTING WORKS
On Friday, May 6, at 7 p.m., the Sailor of the Year award ceremony will take place at the VELAFestival in Santa Margherita Ligure (Genoa) during the Evening of Champions. But how does one come to award the most prestigious prize in Italian sailing? With a long and “hard” online selection process where your input is crucial. We explain it in detail, step by step.
– FIRST STAGE (WINNING VOTE – CONCLUDED) – FROM 100 to 52 CANDIDATES.
– 100 CANDIDATES to vote online on our website from Jan. 29 (from 1 p.m.) to Feb. 16 (closing at 12 p.m.)
– 20 CANDIDATES INDICATED BY YOU (you can send us names and motivation from Jan. 29 to Feb. 4 to email firstname.lastname@example.org) voted online on our website from Feb. 5 (from 1 p.m.) to Feb. 16 (close at 12 p.m.)
– The 50 most voted and the 2 most voted among those indicated by you pass the round
– SECOND STAGE (WINNING VOTE – CONCLUDED) – 52 to 25 CANDIDATES.
– 52 CANDIDATES to vote online from March 4 (from 1 p.m.) to March 15 (closing at 12 noon)
– The 25 highest vote-getters pass the round
– THIRD STAGE (CONSULTATIVE VOTE – CONCLUDED) – 25 to 5 CANDIDATES.
– 25 CANDIDATES to be voted for online from March 31 (from 1 p.m.) to April 15 (closing time 12 noon). The online public vote has advisory value: taking into account your preferences, a jury selects the 5 who pass the round
– FOURTH PHASE – CHOOSING THE SAILOR OF THE YEAR (AND OTHER AWARDS)
-THE 5 CANDIDATES make up the shortlist of “papabili” for Sailor of the Year. These will compete, based on the jury’s decisions, for the Sailor of the Year award and the others: TAG Heuer Sailor of the Year “Passion,” TAG Heuer Sailor of the Year “Innovation,” TAG Heuer Sailor of the Year “Performance,” and TAG Heuer Sailor of the Year “Young.” Each of the winners will be awarded a TAG Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5 high-precision waterproof chronograph (pictured opposite), capable of withstanding depths of up to 300 meters. Who the winners are you will only know on the evening of May 6 in Santa Margherita. You are all invited!
For any information regarding the Sailor of the Year, please write to us at email@example.com