Incredible Italian falcon470 comeback in the global top ten of the TAG Heuer VELA Cup Med Odyssey…and record number of daily entries. 50400 boats in the water!
Incredible result in the last hours of the TAG Heuer VELA Cup Med Odyssey for the Italian boat of the champion falcon470, which regains the global ranking and enters the world top 10 reaching for the first time the seventh position with respect to all the players in the world,thus putting in difficulty the French used to be dominant of the top 20 positions and the Swiss in the Crete Sea.
In the ‘image we see just the head-to-head battle of falcon470 against the French and Swiss skippers that began yesterday afternoon in a relentless clash that lasted all night. More and more Italian followers are rooting for falcon470 and are following his course to carp about his winning tactics.
Now that the leading boats have reached the Cretan Sea, where the wind has returned and the 100-foot maxis are again spinning above 15 knots, the fight to the tenth of a mile is played out by the second, small course changes and expert tactical calculations.
While we watch the incredible comeback of the Italian falcon470 boat, the second news is the record number of daily entries in the TAG Heuer VELA Cup Med Odyssey. The great success of this virtual adventure is confirmed by a boom in last-minute entries (remember you can enter the regatta at any time) and the total number of boats on the water, which has reached 50400 entries.
Today will be a decisive day: we will figure out who will pass the Crete buoy first…. but we will also begin to look at how non-professional crews and teams are doing, whose rankings, based on average times, are already close to final.
The TAG Heuer VELA Cup Med Odyssey is the largest virtual regatta in the history of the Mediterranean, 4,600 miles aboard the superboats all the same, of 100 feet Like the very fast Maxi Comanche, 50,000 competitors from all over the world, including major players in Italian and international sailing. Sky-high prizes for first-place finishers but not only. All you need is a tablet, pc or smartphone. Because the TAG Heuer VELA Cup Med Odyssey is entirely online! Here is the tutorial to learn how to sail “digitally” and all the secrets of the Mediterranean’s most important virtual regatta.
WHAT IT TAKES TO PLAY — FOR FREE!
- It is played from the Browser, Tablet or Smartphone. From the desktop computer no installation is needed, just click directly HERE. On smart devices, you play from the Virtual Regatta Offshore App available for Android and iPhone. The game is Italian language.
- It’s FREE, just register for the game. Those who register with the form below will see their names published in the print magazine among the Tag Heuer VELA CUP Med Odyssey participants and can be contacted during the daily live coverage of the event.
- It is not mandatory to stay connected, …. the boat continues to navigate itself on the set course even when you are disconnected, and finally…
- Amazing prizes!
PARTICIPATE AS A PROTAGONIST IN THE LARGEST VIRTUAL REGATTA IN THE MEDITERRANEAN!
Did you miss the TUTORIAL? watch it HERE
On May 15, the great adventure begins: 4,600 miles in the Mediterranean solo, tens of thousands of entrants, on 100-foot fast boats… You connect whenever you want, the boat you maneuver with your device, and when you are not there it goes by itself. Anyone can participate, for free. Welcome to the TAG Heuer VELA Cup Med Odyssey.
- your name will be published in the July issue of the Sailing Newspaper in the big report on the THVC Med Odyssey
- you can be selected to participate in live webcasts with our speakers May 15-31