Have you decided to participate in the TAG Heuer VELA Cup in Caprera? Have you taken advantage of Moby Lines’ super promotion to get to Sardinia? Well, so now it’s time to start finding out what the schedule is for the coolest regatta/sailing event of the summer.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 23
– Starting at 10 a.m., Porto Palma beach. Perfecting sailboat registrations.
– 6 p.m., Porto Palma beach. Pre-race briefing for VELA Cup crews.
MONDAY, AUG. 24
– 11 a.m., waters off Porto Palma. Departure of the TAG Heuer VELA Cup Caprera (route: Porto Palma-Islands of the Bisce-Monaci-Porto Palma, a total of 18 miles).
– 5:30 p.m., Porto Palma beach. Cool drinks and relaxation on the beach.
– 7:30 p.m., Porto Palma beach. The TAG Heuer VELA Cup Caprera rankings and awards ceremony are unveiled, with prizes for the winners and raffle.
– From 8 p.m., Porto Palma beach. VELA Cup Party with food, drinks and music on the beach with our DJ and all the “goats”.
LOCATIONS AND ANCHORAGES. Porto Palma is a bay totally sheltered from all winds in summer with room for more than a hundred boats at anchor, sandy bottoms from 3 to 8 meters. The Caprera Sailing Center is based here, with a beautiful beach where there is the Vela Cup Point for registration, instruction delivery and Gift Bag.
THEROUTE. Start in Porto Palma, islands of the Bisce, Monks, then return on arrival in Porto Palma. Total miles about 18 (reduced in low wind).
NEAR PORTS. Marina dell’Orso di Poltu Quatu, tel. 0789 99477 / 0789 950084, www.poltu-quatu.com; Porto Massimo (Maddalena), tel. 0789 734033 – 346 1592305, www.portomassimo.it; Consorzio Marina Cannigione (Arzachena Gulf) also with buoy field, tel. 346 806 5848, www.marinacannigione.it
BOAT HIRE. North Sardinia Sail charters boats for the Vela Cup, based in Cala dei Sardi a few miles from Caprera. info: tel. 3204988169, www.nsscharter.com.
SEEKING/OFFERING BOARDING. At www.velacup.it with My Match Race.