We are less than a month away from the start of the TAG Heuer VELA Cup – Mario Formenton Trophy, and we begin to unveil a few more details about this great Sailing Festival of the summer that will kick off on August 20 from Porto Rafael for a regatta/sailing race. For example, the T-shirts we have prepared for you in two different patterns and two different colors.
For the owners, we have designed a gray polo shirt with orange reinforcement ribbon on the crew neck, while for the other crew members there will be a red T Shirt with the VELA Cup shield and the Formenton Trophy logo printed on it. Very “up to date” is the gray reinforcement ribbon on the neckline, and the fabric is 150 g cotton jersey.
In addition to this giveaway for all participants, we would also like to remind you of the many prizes that will be awarded during the awards ceremony that will take place in the marina of Porto Rafael starting at 8 p.m. on Saturday, August 20.
During the VELA Cupawards ceremony, prizes will beawarded to the top finishers in each classification, which are:
– overall “overall” ranking for all boats
– overall ranking “cruising class” (white sails)
– overall ranking “regatta class” (spi, gennaker, etc.).
The award categories will be divided as follows:
class: 7.51 to 9.50 m; class: 9.51 to 11 m; class: 11.01 to 13 m; class: 13 to 15 m; class: 15 to 19 m; class: over 19 m (MAXI).
Special prizes will also be awarded to the best in the following categories:
– Vintage boats (construction before 1950 with any construction material)
– Classic boats (construction before 1975 with any construction material)
– #plasticfantastic (construction between 1965 and 1999 in fiberglass)
– charter (intended for the first classified charter boat)
– gentleman of yachting (intended for the boat that will be distinguished by elegance and style of the crew and yacht).
For the Mario Formenton Trophy, on the other hand, prizes will be awarded in addition to the first place winner in real time. The top three finishers in the following categories:
- Cruise/Regatta in possession of a valid ORC International or ORC Club rating certificate
- Grand Cruiser; in possession of a valid ORC International or ORC Club rating certificate; To belong to the Grand Cruising category, boats must compete exclusively with sails of low-tech fabric (dacron and other polyester fibers, nylon and other polyamide fibers, cotton and, in any case, of low modulus yarns woven in warp and weft without laminations) in addition to 4 other equipment found in the regulations for Offshore Sailing
- White Sails: with ORC certification
The winner in corrected time of the Grand Cruiser Class will be given a copy of the “Mario Formenton” Trophy, the original of which will be kept in the headquarters of the Punta Sardegna Yacht Club and will be definitively awarded to the owner of the boat that wins the regatta three times, even non-consecutive times.