Twenty more days. Then, exactly on August 20, the TAG Heuer VELA Cup Summer – Mario Formenton Trophy will kick off. Porto Rafael (Palau) will become the capital of the sea and the most beautiful boats in the Mediterranean for a day. Two events that come together because they share the same spirit: to entertain and engage boats and sailors of all sizes and types on the water. A regatta for everyone, where all you have to do to participate is to register by declaring the length of the boat, in total relaxation even together with the whole family and with the only goal of spending a different day of your vacation.
We remind you why you absolutely cannot miss it.
1. To spend a fabulous cruise vacation in the La Maddalena Archipelago, a sailor’s paradise.
2. To sail and race, on August 20, along a dream course where the buoys will be islands, reefs and places such as Barrettini, Spargiotto, Spargi, Porti Pollo, to name a few.
3. Because it is a sailing festival for all sizes and shapes of boats, no age restrictions, no red tape: no tonnage certificate required.
4. Because you probably win a prize too. There are lots of prizes up for grabs including the legendary Cerasarda plates handed out at the Formenton Trophy awards, numbered and different each edition.
5. Becauseafter the regatta there will be a big beach party in Porto Rafel with the archipelago islands and Corsica in the background.
6. Because if you sign up now you can see your boat posted on our online bulletin board along with all the other members.
7. Because complimentary for you are the event’s beautiful polo shirts and t-shirts.
8. Because some“superstars” such as the maxi 80 Ourdream and the two brand new Ice Yachts 52 and 62 have already signed up.