Set the clocks. Today, 12 noon. It’s time for the gates of the TAG Heuer VELAFestival in Genoa to open: the great sailing festival arrives in the seafaring city par excellence, and will enliven the Marina della Fiera with a four-day event, boats, characters and unmissable sea outings. He will also be there, Wilson (just like his friend Wilson from the movie Castaway), the dachshund sailor who proudly posed for us at the helm of the schooner San Marco, one of the many “cult” boats you can visit by coming to the VELAFestival.
The sailing citadel has taken shape, and everyone is hard at work to present itself “on the bubble” to all of you who come to visit us. The backstage “day before” photos we show you are by Roberto Cosentino.
VELAFESTIVAL, MINUS ONE. THE PHOTOGALLERY
THURSDAY, APRIL 10 EVENTS
MAJOR EVENTS AREA
– 3 p.m. – INOXSAIL presents PHINNA: the variable airfoil drift pine.
– 5 p.m. – Carrying the boat alone. How to become a loner in one day. With Andrea Mura – Lele Panzeri – Roberto Westermann.
– The great photo exhibition “Men and boats that made yachting history”
. Fifty linear meters with extraordinary images from yachting history and a special section dedicated to the world’s most prestigious sailing photography award, the Mirabaud Yacht Racing of the Year. Plus the big Instagram Wall with your photos that participated in the #crocieragdv2013 contest.
– Full-sailing film and video. The best of the Deep Water and Tabarly films, the story of the 1973/74 Whitbread World Tour and the last Volvo Ocean Race, videos of the last America’s Cup and the great races, the most prestigious boat tests and educational features, videos of the incredible story of the Malingri family and Marea’s Atlantic crossing, and the strangest and funniest videos.
– Meetings and interviews with specialists and sailors. On the sailing plaza stage dozens of famous sailors and specialists tell their stories and illustrate innovations and secrets of the sailing world.
EVENTS AT SEA.
– 1:30-6 p.m. – Three 555 FIV dinghies and three optimists
for instructor-led outings.
– Sea outings and schooling at the dock with 12 m Yole Creuza de ma (replica from 1700).
– Aboard the schooner Pandora boat tour and workshop for children and adults on seafaring activities
– Go out to sea with the 6-meter auric cutter Uscocco.